Quick & Easy, But Delicious: Chicken Quesadillas
November 20, 2023
This simple and easy recipe for chicken quesadillas is all you need for a busy evening or little time to prepare lunches in the morning.
Add more ingredients or the bare minimum - it's a clean slate for you to make it your own.
Let's get right to it!
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp olive oil, divided
- 4 tsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 oz. sliced mushrooms and/or onions
- 1 lb. Edwards Family Farms chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1.5 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 4 large flour tortillas
- Salsa, sour cream, fresh cilantro, lime wedges, and sliced avocado, for garnish
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour and chili powder. Cook, stirring, 1 to 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in stock.
- Add bell pepper, mushrooms, and chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Spread half of vegetable mixture on a tortilla, leaving a 1-inch border all around. Top with a second tortilla. Cook, turning once, until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining oil, tortillas, and vegetable mixture.
- Slice into wedges and serve topped with desired garnishes.