Crispy Cornflake Chicken Tenders: A Crunchy Twist to Weeknight Dinner
November 17, 2023
This recipe is perfect for mid-week meal fog.
Easy to throw together and get on the table. A delicious meal for the whole family!
- 1/3 c. plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 lb. Edwards Family Farms chicken tenders (or chicken breasts)
- 2 c. finely crushed cornflakes
- 1/3 c. grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 chopped shallot
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 1/2 c. thawed frozen green peas
- 1 (16-oz.) package cooked microwavable baby Idaho potatoes
- 1/4 c. torn fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon zest
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Stir together Greek yogurt and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Toss in chicken tenders until coated.
- Stir together crushed cornflakes, Parmesan, and olive oil.
- Coat each tender in crumb mixture and place on a lightly greased wire rack set in a baking sheet.
- Bake until cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook shallot in butter over medium heat in a saucepan until tender, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in peas and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in baby Idaho potatoes.
- Stir in mint leaves and lemon zest.
- Season with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Serve peas and potatoes with chicken tenders and lemon wedges alongside.