- (1/4 cup) olive oil
- (1 Tbsp) zest of 1 large lemon
- (5) garlic cloves, minced
- (4 tsp) Italian seasoning
- (2 tsp) paprika
- (to taste) kosher salt
- (to taste) freshly ground black pepper
- (8) Chicken Thighs
- Position oven rack one level above center. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a rimmed 18 by 13-inch baking sheet with aluminum foil and top with an oven safe wire cooling rack (I like this one). Spray cooling rack with non-stick cooking spray.
- In an extra large mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon zest, garlic, Italian seasoning and paprika.
- Dab chicken thighs well dry with paper towels and add chicken thighs to bowl with oil mixture. Toss well to evenly coat with mixture.
- Transfer thighs to rack on baking sheet turning skin side down. Season with salt and pepper then turn skin side up and season with salt and pepper. Leave space between thighs so heat can circulate evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven until skin is browned and thighs register 175 degrees in thickest portion, about 35 - 45 minutes. If desired broil* during last minute or two for crispier skin (keep a close eye on it).
- Serve warm** with lemon wedges for spritzing. If desired you can garnish with a 1 Tbsp chopped parsley.
- *If you opt to broil you may want to drain fat from baking sheet before broiling to reduce smoking.
- *After broiling, brush away browned garlic pieces from the top as these can be bitter. They season the chicken while baking but once browned the flavor isn't the same.
Homemade Italian Seasoning, mix:
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
Inspired by: Cooking Classy