- (1 lb) Pork, Jowls Sliced
- (8-10) jalapenos
- (1 Tablespoon) pork rub, optional
- (4 ounces) cream cheese
- Season pork jowls with favorite seasoning rub if desired.
- Fry pork jowls over medium heat until crispy, but soft enough to wrap.
- Flip pork jowls every couple of minutes to crisp both sides evenly.
- Once jowls are cooked, remove slices from pan and place on a few paper towel sheets to drain.
- Butterfly (slice) jalapenos down the middle, but do not split in half.
- Remove seeds if desired.
- Place jalapenos in same frying pan you used to fry the jowls.
- Fry for 1 minute on each side and until the jalapenos begin to soften.
- Remove jalapenos from pan once they are cooked.
- Fill inside of jalapeno with cream cheese and close.
- Wrap one slice of cooked pork jowl around one cooked and stuffed jalapeno and continue until all jalapenos are wrapped.
- Secure ends of jowl with a toothpick if needed.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe by Stacie Edwards